New provisions for the bar acquired, one of which I needed to play a role in a couple planned character themed cocktails I’ve been ruminating on. Without further ado, I give you the Preacher.
- 1 part Jefferson Reserve Very Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey (an excellently smoky and yet still nicely sweet bourbon given to me by my father in law as a wedding gift)
- 1 part Root, by Art in the Age (a wonderful spirit that captures the flavors of a good root or birch beer)
- 0.25 parts Domaine de Canton (a very light ginger liqueur)
- 2 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes of Fee Brothers’ Old Fashioned bitters
As my darling wife said, “it’s smoky and rough, and a bit abrasive, but sweet on the back end.” Sounds like Preacher to me.